Feb 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST (Convert time zone)
Feb 9 Topic: Humility: An Alchemical Ingredient
Beloved whole-being awakeners,
With our beautiful, awakened hearts we naturally long to see less suffering in the world. We might even have some brilliant ideas of how to make things better, and might start some sentences off with “If only they would…” or “The thing we really need to do is…” or “The problem is…”
While the longing to serve is sacred and honorable, and while our ideas may have merit, the attitude that we have The Right Answer tends to undermine the good we’re trying to achieve. In his beautiful book, Active Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism, Andrew Harvey shares his experience of the Christian mystic, Father Bede Griffiths:
“[Father Bede Griffiths] was also extremely funny, as are all the authentically holy people I have met….[His]sober majesty of mind was tempered and softened by a delight in human foibles and a compassionate mockery of his own and others’ vanity, folly, and self-righteousness. “God save us all from self-righteousness,” he once said. “The greatest block to being good is believing you are.””
I invite you to join me in a rich inquiry around humility and awakened activism. We’ll explore questions such as:
- What does humility really mean?
- What are our blocks to seeing our self-righteousness?
- How can humility become alchemical?
- How does shame interfere with our ability to open to Mystery?
Activism is none other than Being one’s own most true and intimate self…in the particular form available to one’s soul and human nature. Skills and opportunities appear, and one’s life of service merges, appearing to be almost effortless.” ~~ Sandra Glickman, Trillium Awakening Teacher
ABOUT – – All Hearts on Deck awakened activism monthly virtual sittings
Have you been stabilized in your whole-being realization for a while and are longing to bring your awakening into the world more fully in the form of service?
Or you’re still awakening but have already ventured forth in fulfilling your purpose and could use some mirroring, support, and encouragement as you dare to act on your dreams?
If so, please join us at the All Hearts on Deck (AHOD) awakened activism virtual sittings for mature Trillium practitioners on the 2nd Saturday of every month to:
- enjoy mutual empowerment with like-hearted others
- honor the prompts of Being and cultivate your unique passions and gifts
- integrate overwhelm and nourish each other during set-backs
- deepen your awakening by choosing, daring, engaging, and expressing
- cultivate Trust in Being and share our growing edge of insights, successes, and challenges
AHOD sittings are designed for people who have been stabilized in whole-being realization for some time and sense a growing necessity to lean in and be of service, or practitioners in the process of awakening who have a passion for environmental and/or social activism and want to use this passion to support their awakening process. It’s a good fit for people with a mature capacity for self-awareness and self-responsibilty, and who have some access to a Trust in Being, a Wellness of Being, or being supported by Mystery or Consciousness that gives them some spaciousness and ability to be with What Is.
Full Teachers, Interning Teachers, and mentors are most welcome to participate!
I benefited immensely from the flawless structure Margit created, and from her beautiful leadership qualities. From a compassionate ground of awakened intelligence, Margit welcomed our human nature, conditioning, and aspirations, and offered her own. The result was a novel, emergent, integrative approach to activism. I deeply look forward to more!” ~ Deborah Boyar, Ph.D., Trillium Awakening Teacher
Activism can be defined as “acting on behalf of something greater than self-interest” (Joanna Macy) or “action on the behalf of the wellness of all beings which is sourced in the love and trust arising from an embodied union with all of Life” (Margit Bantowsky). Acts of compassion and generosity from the Heart of Being can look many different ways, from small to large, personal to public. In a safe space we will follow our heartbreak and our joy into mature, whole-being expressions of love-in-action that are highly individual and authentic.
If you’re ready to engage the wild realities of this place and time in global history and offer your gifts for the well-being of all, then the All Hearts on Deck sittings are here to help you dare to know and share your unique brilliance in a truly awakened activism.
If so, I invite you to join us!
Who: All Hearts on Deck sittings are led by Trillium Awakening teacher Margit Bantowsky
When: Second Saturday of every month
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm Pacific Time
Cost: suggested offering $20-$30 (please contribute what you can comfortably afford; no-one turned away for lack of funds)
- Active in Trillium Awakening for at least 12 months
- Familiar with core Trillium teachings (e.g. have taken the Trillium Orientation Course, IAM’s Foundation Course, have read Becoming Divinely Human, or equivalent)
- currently working with a Trillium Awakening teacher
Maximum: the sittings are limited to 8 participants
Register: To ask questions, or to reserve your spot and receive a sitting Zoom link, please contact Margit Bantowsky
More info: available on Margit Bantowsky’s Awakened Activism website
Save the Dates! Upcoming All Hearts on Deck sittings and topics:
- Feb 9 — Humility: An Alchemical Ingredient
- Mar 9 — Magic Mirror: The Power of Reclaiming Projections
- Apr 13 – Dare to Laugh: The Necessity of Joy and Play in Awakened Service
- August 11, 2018 — The Golden Compass: Exploring Intention & Commitment
- Sept 8 — Redefining Activism: The Brave, New World Beyond Hypermasculine Striving
- Oct 13 — Dare to Self-Care:Foundations of Sustainable Service
- Nov 10 — Action as a Spiritual Path: How Being of Service Supports Embodied Awakening in Mutuality
- Dec 8 — Deep Prayer Circle: Being the Heart of the World
- Jan 12, 2019 — Choosing: Navigating Overwhelm and Infinite Options